May 31st is National Senior Health & Fitness Day
100,000 older adults will participate in activities at more than 1,000 locations throughout the U.S. on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 as we celebrate the 24th annual National Senior Health & Fitness Day. The common goal for this day: to help keep older Americans healthy and fit. This year’s theme for the nation’s largest annual health promotion event for older adults is With Movement, There’s Improvement.
What will you do to improve your movement? Maybe increase your daily step goal, download an app for walking – Map My Walk, or try my easy and gentle Tai Chi-Qigong class!
DVD NOW Released – Make Your Balance Great Again – Click to view 4 minute preview
My new DVD, Making Your Balance Great Again, was released in late April. Purchase at any of my Tai Chi classes or on my website.
Demonstrating a daily balance program for better mobility, stability and agility in and around the homes of mature adults. Filmed in five homes and senior apartments, the 12 participants range in age from 60-99.
A HUGE thank you to the balanced cast of Sun Lakes/Chandler/Mesa area residents; Bridget Ross, Claire Werner, Connie Loesch, Dennis McColly, Diana McColly, Dorothy B. Cuono, Lu Cheney, Ron Menzel, Sally Menzel, Sara Shannon and Wally Sanders.
Schedule of Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my year-round class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd, Sun Lakes
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime! Open to the public! ** NO class May 11, 18, 25, July 6, 20
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on east side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 9:15-10:10am *9504 – Assisted Living Building
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *9508 – Independent Building
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Ctr, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande ** NO class May 15, 22, 29
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am ** NO class May 15, 22, 29
Open to the public. Donations appreciated. Space is very limited, reservations well in advance are required – call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa ** Open to the public! ** NO class May 11, 18, 25, July 6, 20
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:30-2:30pm * Open to the public – area residents are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase one of my three DVD’s from me at any class or via www.SafeMovements.com: For intermediate levels, Forever Young Tai Chi, for beginner levels, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch and my new DVD, Make Your Balance Great Again.