November 4th is National Stress Awareness Day and November is National Osteoporosis Month:
If you’re looking for a way to reduce stress AND strengthen bones, consider Tai Chi. Originally developed for self-defense, Tai Chi has evolved into a graceful form of exercise that’s now used for stress reduction and a variety of other health conditions. Often described as meditation in motion, Tai Chi promotes serenity through gentle, flowing movements. Combining strong bones with humor to reduce stress, Reba McIntyre suggests, “To thrive in life, you need three bones – a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone!”
STRESS LESS & Save $ During the month of November, by purchasing my DVD, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress, for $15, you enjoy a savings of $5. DVD’s are available at each of my classes or email me to purchase for free delivery within Sun Lakes or Casa Grande area. Convenient to use with a DVD player or computer, anywhere, anytime! This DVD filmed at the tranquil, serene Japanese Botanical Garden in Phoenix.
Helpful Hint to Reduce Stress on Your Eyes Technology has introduced a new threat: digital eyestrain. Dr. Oz reports that studies show that we normally blink 15-20 times per minute, but when we’re using digital devices, that rate can be cut on half. Take a break and blink more to reduce stress on your eyes and avoid dry eyes!
UPDATES for Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes NOTE: Class changes/exceptions are shown in RED below. click here anytime for my class schedule. Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Sun Lakes Maricopa County Library Ed Robson Branch-Lecky Room, 9330 E. Riggs Rd. Wednesday, Beginner 1-2:00pm Wednesday, Intermediate: 2:15-3:15pm
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only) Tuesdays & Thursdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *
* Homestead Hospice – Nurturing Arts Program For more information about Tai Chi and various other nurturing services throughout the Phoenix area, contact Chelsea or Eglead at Homestead Hospice at 480 584 3734.
CASA GRANDE & ELOY:
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande – St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Center, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande: Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am *No charge to the community. Space is limited. Reservations are required: 520-426-7641
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436. * 24/7 practice – Purchase my DVD’s: www.SafeMovements.com: “Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch.”
Kim’s Favorite New Products: S’well Insulated Water Bottle – This stylish water bottle keeps beverages cool – it is worth every penny of the price and is easy to clean! Click to view various sizes and colors on Amazon.com Trader Joe’s Pumpkin-spiced Pumpkin Seeds – Trader Joe’s 8 oz bag $2.99
November 4: National Stress Awareness Day
November 7: SAGA Seniors hosts “Aging Isn’t for Sissies,” Ahwatukee, 8:30am-1:30pm. Info: 623 565 8853 or www.sagaseniors.org
November 16: National COPD Day
Cheers to a“stress-less” month of November!