Open hearts and minds and willingness to embrace your vision create a joyful environment. To nourish your heart, try a new exercise or activity and let the beauty of what you love, be what you do!
The Power of “I Can”
JESSICA COX has famously eliminated the words “I can’t” from her vocabulary. Although born without arms as the result of a birth defect (born differently able), she has never allowed that to be a limiting factor.
While she suffered from self-esteem issues early on and physical challenges throughout her life, Jessica managed to overcome and achieve. She earned a college degree in psychology, was a State Champion and Taekwondo black belt, learned to drive a car with her feet, type with her toes, and in 2008 fly an airplane! That feat landed her in the Guinness Book of World Records and led to an audience with the Pope, meetings with heads of state, and a great deal of media attention. Learn more at www.Rightfooted.com or www.RightfootedMovie.com and think of Jessica the next time you say, I Can’t.”
Contributing to Forever Young Tai Chi Video
In response to your frequent requests during the past five years for an “intermediate” video of new movements (since it has been awhile since my second video was released in January 2013), preparation is now underway! For this Intermediate lesson titled, Forever Young Tai Chi, I would love to hear from you if you have talent/skills in graphic design, photography or playing piano or flute! Stay tuned for release info!!
UPDATES for Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Sun Lakes – drop-in anytime & please park in church lot just west of library and take 7-step staircase. For those unable to climb stairs, park in library lot.
Maricopa County Library Ed Robson Branch – Lecky Room, 9330 E. Riggs Rd.
Wednesdays, Beginner 1-2:00pm *New attendees are welcome anytime!
Wednesdays, Intermediate: 2:15-3:15pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *
* Homestead Hospice – Nurturing Arts Program
For more information about Tai Chi and various other nurturing services throughout the Phoenix area, contact Chelsea or Eglead at Homestead Hospice at 480 584 3734.
CASA GRANDE & ELOY:
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Center, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am *No charge to the community. Space is limited. Reservations are required –call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa **NEW class open to the public in Mesa!
Las Palmas Senior Community, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa in the Ballroom *New attendees are welcome anytime!
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:00-2:00pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase my DVD’s: www.SafeMovements.com: “Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch.”
Kim’s Favorite New Products:
– Voice of Veterans “In Their Words” Video by Sun Lakes Vets – support the Sun Lakes Vets by ordering this video: wwww.sunlakesvets.com or call Tom Adamson 480 895 8545.
– Udi’s Gluten-free Bread – these fresh loaves are now available in the bakery section of the Chandler/101 Costco! These new “commercial line” loaves are different from the frozen loaves at Costco.
–NOTE: Trader Joes RECALL on its cashew pieces – click for details
February: National Heart Month
February 6: Walk the Fight & Run the Distance for Parkinson’s Disease, Tempe Beach Park. Click here for details.
February 8: Chinese New Year welcomes the Year of the Monkey! People born in Monkey years were born in 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016.
February 14: Valentine’s Day – All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!