Dear Tai Chi & Culinary Chi Friends,
March is National Nutrition Month:
Is it time to provide your body more fuel? Want to learn more about nutrients that the older adult body is in need of? Celebrate your nutrition this month by exploring this resource of eatright.org – click here to expand your Nutrition IQ.
March 8th Release of Forever Young Tai Chi DVD:
Filmed at the intermediate class in Casa Grande, Forever Young Tai Chi will be released on March 8, 2016. Twenty Tai Chi enthusiasts from this weekly class sponsored by Arizona Priority Care filmed this 52 minute DVD with me. It is comprised of four sections: Posture & Breathing, Qigong, Balance Exercises and Tai Chi Flow, which includes four sequences. Practice at your convenience with my third DVD using your television/DVD player or computer. It will be available at any of my classes or on my website for $20 starting March 8th. A HUGE thank you to Cindy, Ellie, Dianne, Robert, Jackie, Susy, Randy, Kathy, Diane, Bernadette, Bev, Barbara, Bridget, Roberta, Tom, Gloria, Becky, Diana, Ursula and Candi for creating this flowing and balancing practice!
Arthritis Resource Finder: Created by the Arthritis Foundation, www. ArthritisResourceFinder.org is a one-stop search tool for the local providers and resources you need right in your community. Interested in an herbal remedy for arthritis? Click to read about nine natural herbs to consider. Food for thought…..gentle tai chi and yoga are frequently suggested for those with arthritis.
UPDATES for Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room , Sun Lakes * NEW class, open to the public!
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime!
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on east side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *
* Homestead Hospice – Nurturing Arts Program
For more information about Tai Chi and various other nurturing services throughout the Phoenix area, contact Chelsea or Eglead at Homestead Hospice at 480 584 3734.
CASA GRANDE & ELOY:
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Center, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 9:15-10:15 OR 10:30-11:30am *No charge to the community. Space is limited. Reservations are required – call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa **Class open to the public in Mesa!
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa *New area attendees are welcome anytime!
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:00-2:00pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase my DVD’s: www.SafeMovements.com: “Forever Young Tai Chi, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch.”
Kim’s Favorite New Products:
– Organic Chicken Bone Broth, 6 cartons at 32 oz/1 qt each for $16.99 at Costco
– Lima Beans for Protein: 7.3 g per ½-cup serving (cooked) – freezer case at Fry’s Supermarket.
Good news: In addition to filling protein, lima beans contain the amino acid leucine, which may play a big role in healthy muscle synthesis among older adults.
– Walker Alarm, created by our Tai Chi friend, Bill Trout for his wife Judy who manages very effectively with her Parkinson’s. More info at www.WalkerAlarm.com
Sending Healing Energy to:
Randy Wortman – looking forward to seeing you back on your feet and at class soon in Casa Grande.
March 3: Kim’s NEW easy & gentle Tai Chi-QiGong class starts at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room. Drop in for $5 class from 10:45-11:45am any Thursday.
March 8: Release date of NEW Video: Forever Young Tai Chi. Click for more details featuring Kim & the Intermediate Class in Casa Grande!
April 28: Women’s Exchange – WHY Gluten-free & Organic Lifestyle by Kim Kubsch
April 30: World Tai Chi Day – Click to find events around the world in 60+ countries
Wishing you a nutritious and delicious month of March, Kim