Dear Tai Chi-Qigong Friends,
April is Stress Awareness Month:
How often you hear yourself thinking “slow down,” yet you keep the hectic pace with a to do list that never ends? I think Lily Tomlin says it best, “The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.” Slow, deep breathing combined with gentle and easy Tai Chi and Qigong is just one practice that encourages your heart to beat slower and your muscles relax. What a powerful combo to help heal the body!
Gratitude: Free Daily Tool to Enhance Your Mindset:
Gratitude for healing and better health: http://www.gratefulness.org
Preview Video for my NEW Forever Young Tai Chi DVD:
Click to view the three-minute preview from filming of the intermediate class in Casa Grande. Forever Young Tai Chi was released earlier this month featuring twenty Tai Chi enthusiasts from this weekly class sponsored by Arizona Priority Care. This 52 minute DVD is comprised of four sections: Posture & Breathing, Qigong, Balance Exercises and Tai Chi Flow, which includes four sequences. To enjoy the entire 52 minute DVD, purchase at any of my classes for $20. Online sales of Forever Young Tai Chi will be available very soon!
UPDATES for Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room , Sun Lakes * NEW class, open to the public!
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime! NO Class April 28, June 23 & 30
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on east side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *
* Homestead Hospice – Nurturing Arts Program
For more information about Tai Chi and various other nurturing services throughout the Phoenix area, contact Chelsea or Eglead at Homestead Hospice at 480 584 3734.
CASA GRANDE & ELOY:
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Center, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am *No charge to the community. Space is limited. Reservations are required – call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa **Class open to the public in Mesa! NO Class April 28
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa *New area attendees are welcome anytime!
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:00-2:00pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase my DVD’s: www.SafeMovements.com: “Forever Young Tai Chi, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch.”
Kim’s Favorite New Products:
– Organic Brussel Sprouts – 4 individually frozen packages sautéed in olive oil/pepper, microwave 5 minutes, Costco $8.99
– Paratransit Service for Seniors (65+) via Valley Metro System – call to qualify for $3.00 taxi fares throughout the Phoenix area 602 716 2100 for qualification and interview process
April: National Parkinson’s Month – click to help increase awareness of this disease
April 20-27: Sprouts 25% off Quarterly Supplement & Beauty Care
April 28: Women’s Exchange – WHY follow a Gluten-free & Organic Lifestyle? by Kim Kubsch RSVP in advance to Sherrian Beagle: email@example.com
April 30: World Tai Chi Day – click to find events around the world in 60+ countries