May is time for the 23rd annual National Senior Health & Fitness Day:
Senior Health & Fitness Day is always held the last Wednesday in May. That week and every week, celebrate your health and fitness with a variety of mature adult-friendly activities – maybe water exercises (improve your balance and relax your back by walking BACKWARDS in a 3 foot deep pool), line or ballroom dancing, or our Tai Chi class!. For more information about the National Senior Health & Fitness Day, visit fitnessday.com.
Tai Chi DVD stars GF senior citizens:
Casa Grande Dispatch newspaper reporter Melissa St. Aude visited our intermediate class last week and shared this story with the readers of the tri-valley Casa Grande, Florence and Coolidge area. Click to read the full story.
UPDATES for Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my year-round class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room , Sun Lakes * Open to the public! NO Class April 28, June 23, 30
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime!
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on east side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *
CASA GRANDE & ELOY:
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Center, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong * NO Class on Memorial Day, May 29, June 20, 27
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am *No charge to the community. Space is limited. Reservations are required – call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa **Class open to the public in Mesa! NO Class April 28, June 23, 30
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:00-2:00pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase one of my three DVD’s: www.SafeMovements.com: For intermediate levels, Forever Young Tai Chi, for beginner levels, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch.
Kim’s Favorite Finds:
– Natural Grocers, this Colorado-based store will open soon at 5805 W Ray in Chandler (near I10/Kyrene). Natural Grocers is a specialty retailer of natural and organic grocers, dietary supplements and body care products – www.naturalgrocers.com.
– Magnetic Door Stopper, Easy to Install, less than $10 and NO more bending over to keep doors open with a doorstop.
Sending healing energy to:
Toni Gildersleeve (AKA: Chandler Costco food demonstrator) from our Sun Lakes classes who lost her husband unexpectedly in mid-April.
April 20-27: Sprouts Quarterly Supplement Sale – 25% off all supplements and beauty care.
April 27: Grand Opening of NEW Sprouts mega-store – southeast corner of Ocotillo & Gilbert
April 30: World Tai Chi Day Event, Franciscan Renewal Center, Scottsdale: http://azcentral.eventsabout.com/performer.aspx?perf_id=2299764
May: National Osteoporosis Month
May 8: Happy Mother’s Day
May 14-22: Schnepf Farms Peach Festival – pick your own organic peaches or buy boxed peaches & treats! Click for peach details
May 29: National Senior Health & Fitness Day