July 4th – A Celebration of our Independence
AARP created a HomeFit Guide to help people stay in the homes they love by turning where they live into a “lifelong home,” suitable for themselves and anyone in their household. The guide offers solutions that range from simple do-it-yourself fixes to improvements that are more involved and require skilled expertise but are well worth the expense. Click to download your guide to live independently at home as long as possible.
With my experience as an Aging in Place Specialist and Fall Prevention Specialist, I totally support “senior-proofing your home,” in addition to safe and daily movements. Don’t let your lazy boy chair make you lazy. Get up and move your energy and strengthen your muscles in the process. Prevent falls, rather than react to them . Are you aware that studies report statins and cholesterol drugs can weaken the muscles over time? Read more.
How to Create Your Summer “NO Fly & Mosquito Zone”
Using insect repellant is a no-brainer these days, especially due to the rise of the Zika virus, a flu-like disease spread by mostly mosquitos. Oil of lemon eucalyptus acts as a true repellent that is safe for all. Stay protected, apply correctly and choose your favorite application to include spray, wipes, and lotion. Click to Shop Amazon: Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus.
** Reminder – limited classes in late June 2016 ** UPDATES for Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my year-round class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room , Sun Lakes * Open to the public! NO Class July 21
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime!
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on east side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Center, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong * NO Class on June 20, 27, July 4
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am *No charge to the community. Space is limited. Reservations are required – call 520-426-7641. NO Class on June 20, 27, July 4
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa **This class is open to the public! NO Class July 21
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:00-2:00pm * Area residents are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase one of my three DVD’s from me at any class or via www.SafeMovements.com: For intermediate levels, Forever Young Tai Chi, for beginner levels, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch.
Kim’s Favorite Finds:
Dental Clinic at A.T. Still University in Mesa AZ: Friends who are patients here have their dental needs addressed at discounted prices by student dentists and their supervising dental professors. Call 480.248.8100 or click for details: http://www.atsudental.com/locations/
Trader Joes – Organic Riced Cauliflower – This 12oz frozen bag has great flavor, textured with low sodium and carbs $1.99