June is National Cancer SURVIVORS Month
National Cancer Survivors Day® on June 4th is a CELEBRATION for those who have survived, an INSPIRATION for those recently diagnosed, a gathering of SUPPORT for families, and an OUTREACH to the community. The Casa Grande Cancer Support Center is celebrating its five year anniversary. It offers very resourceful information each weekday from 9am-1pm, as well as a great range of activities from healing nutrition to caregiver support, yoga, sound healing, etc.
I am fortunate to experience the benefits enjoyed there by the cancer community who attend my easy and gentle Tai Chi-Qigong class each Monday. Click to access numerous articles about the benefits of Tai Chi & Qigong for cancer patients, survivors, caregivers and supporters.
DVD NOW Released – Make Your Balance Great Again
My new DVD, Making Your Balance Great Again, was released in late April. Click to view a four minute preview or purchase at any of my Tai Chi classes or on my website.
Demonstrating a daily balance program for better mobility, stability and agility in and around the homes of mature adults. Filmed in five homes and senior apartments, the 12 participants range in age from 60-99.
Schedule of Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my year-round class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd, Sun Lakes
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime! Open to the public! ** NO class July 6 & 20
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on west side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 9:15-10:10am *9504 – Assisted Living Building
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *9508 – Independent Building
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Ctr, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande ** NO class July 17
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am ** NO class July 17
Open to the public. Donations appreciated. Space is very limited, reservations well in advance are required – call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa ** Open to the public! ** NO class July 6 & 20
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:30-2:30pm * Open to the public – area residents are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase one of my three DVD’s at any class or via www.SafeMovements.com. For intermediate levels, Forever Young Tai Chi, for beginner levels, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch and for everyone, my new DVD, Make Your Balance Great Again.
Kim’s Favorite Finds:
Organic living products from A to Z: www.Organiclivingaz.com or visit the store in Phoenix at 8342 N. 7th Street.
SunCalc.com – this website/app shows sun movement and sunlight phases during the given day at the given location anywhere in the world. You can see sun positions at sunrise, specified time and sunset.
Upcoming June Events:
June 18: Happy Father’s Day!
June 24 & 25: Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly EXPO Glendale, AZ. Details: gfaexpo.com
Wishing you a “sun-safe” month of June,