August 15 is National Relaxation Day
Relaxation Day is all about winding down and just taking it easy. If you’re lucky, you celebrate some relaxation every day. Maybe enjoy a quiet time watching TV from the sofa, a nap mid-day, a mindless bath. Exercise is proved to help lift your mood and reduce stress. Perhaps consider some easy and gentle Tai chi – Qigong, all in the spirit of RELAXING!
Do you want to delay Brain Aging? MIND Diet Workshop on Wednesday, August 23
Do you want to keep your MIND strong through the years? Diet is a powerful environmental factor that affects our thinking abilities in youth and impacts whether we develop dementia as we age. Join five other participants on Wednesday, August 23 as I introduce you to the powerful role of diet on brain health. Learn about clean, MINDful and healthy nutrients for every meal, plus shopping lists for various stores. RSVP early to Kim@SafeMovements.com to be assured of your space and prepay $40 in advance. Time: 1:30-3:30pm, venue: Kim’s kitchen in Sun Lakes.
Start now – do a few jumps each day, resting for 30 seconds after each jump. Eventually, build up to 2 sets of 20 jumps a day, resting 30 seconds after each hop. Putting stress on leg and hip bones can help pre and menopausal women to increase hip—bone density. If jumps don’t sound good to your knees or hips, lift and lower your heels 20 times, twice a day. Be sure you have a chair or sturdy furniture to hold on to while tapping – this will also help your balance!
Schedule of Kim’s Weekly Easy & Gentle Tai Chi-QiGong Classes: click here anytime for my year-round class schedule.
Reminder: ALL venues and classes are fragrance-free. No equipment needed, just rubber-soled shoes and water.
* Easy & Gentle Tai Chi at Sun Lakes Country Club-Mirror Room 25601 N. Sun Lakes Blvd, Sun Lakes
Thursdays, Mixed Level 10:45-11:45am *New attendees are welcome anytime! Open to the public! ** NO class September 14
$5 per class. All ages and abilities can enjoy the practice seated or standing. Drop-in anytime. Parking is available on west side of country club for direct access into Mirror Room.
* Renaissance Luxury Retirement Living, Sun Lakes (*Residents only)
Tuesdays, Beginner 9:15-10:10am *9504 – Assisted Living Building
Tuesdays, Beginner 10:15-11:15am *9508 – Independent Building
* Arizona Priority Care – Senior Advantage Club, Casa Grande St. Anthony’s Catholic Church Community Ctr, 201 S. Picacho St, Casa Grande ** NO class September 4, 11
Mondays, Intermediate: 12-1:00pm *For those experienced in Tai Chi-Qigong
Mondays, Beginner: 1:15-2:15pm * New attendees are welcome anytime!
* Cancer Support Center, 1890 E. Florence Blvd Suite 3, Casa Grande
Mondays, Mixed Level: 10:30-11:30am ** NO class September 4 , 11
Open to the public. Donations appreciated. Space is very limited, reservations well in advance are required – call 520-426-7641.
* Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) Senior Advantage Club, Mesa ** Open to the public! ** NO class September 14
Las Palmas Senior Community – Ballroom, 215 N. Power Rd., Mesa
Thursdays, Mixed Level: 1:30-2:30pm * Open to the public – area residents are welcome anytime!
* Private Tai Chi Instruction – Personalized for You
Schedule a private class in the comfort of your own home. Contact Kim via email or call 480 392 3436.
* 24/7 practice – Purchase one of my three DVD’s at any class or via www.SafeMovements.com. For intermediate levels, Forever Young Tai Chi, for beginner levels, Hello Tai Chi, Goodbye Stress or Practice Easy Tai Chi–QiGong with Kim Kubsch and for everyone, my new DVD, Make Your Balance Great Again.
Kim’s Favorite Finds:
Organic Sweet Chili Rice Chips – this bag of delicious gluten-free chips is $5.99 at Costco.
Tower Garden to grow your own organic food inside or out within a small space: http://www.towergarden.com/tg
Upcoming July Events:
August 1: National Girlfriend’s Day – Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things!
August 23, 1:30-3:30pm: MIND Nutrition Workshop to learn how to delay brain aging with the MIND food lifestyle. RSVP in advance: Kim@SafeMovements.com